Number of new foreign investment projects - quarterly
In Q3 2020, Saudi Arabia has licensed 306 new foreign investment projects – a 21% year-on-year increase relative to 2019. This shows a significant rebound in investors’ interest in Saudi Arabia, following a sharp slowdown in Q2 due to the pandemic. Overall, Saudi Arabia licensed 812 new foreign investment projects in the first nine months of 2020, which represents only a 3% slowdown compared to the same period last year.
Saudi Arabia FDI inflows (USD million)
Source: Saudi Central Bank
According to the Saudi Central Bank, FDI inflows to Saudi Arabia grew by 8% in the first half of 2020, on the back of the positive momentum achieved by Vision 2030 prior to the pandemic. This compares well against a 49% drop in global FDI recorded by UNCTAD for the same period.
Saudi Arabia G20 Presidency in Numbers
On a separate note, the report includes a comprehensive review of the Saudi G20 Presidency, which ended with a successful Riyadh Leaders’ Summit despite the most challenging circumstances presented by the pandemic.
Finally, the report gives insights on the top investment opportunities by Invest Saudi, along with many more interesting topics:
- Vision 2030 progress review and key achievements
- Update on mega and Giga projects in the Kingdom
- Insights on the digital media sector by the local content creation company Myrkott
- Overview of Saudi Arabia’s food security and food sector opportunities
- Key data on the Saudi Summer domestic tourism campaign
- Reforms and business rankings in the last quarter